As Valuers and Agents for the Horticultural Industry we specialise in the handling of nurseries, plant and garden centres. Growers are good at production, we are good at dealing with property so it is our aim to assist you in achieving your ambition.
We are situated in the Vale of Evesham, regarded as the heart of the horticultural production in the United Kingdom, where there are many businesses that specialise in protected cropping for both the salad and ornamental sectors of the industry. Field scale cropping includes vast acreages of Spring Onions, Brassicas and Asparagus and the top fruits grown in the Vale are plums and apples. In addition to this there is a whole plethora of other crops that combine to give the rich diversity that makes up the UK Horticultural industry. There is also a large area of cropping devoted to ornamental plant production which is supplied to outlets throughout the UK.
Our professional and qualified staff have a vast range of experience in this property sector, regularly selling and dealing with nurseries across the Vale. The director heading up the specialist team has had practical experience of hydroponic salad production and ornamental plant production including running a tissue culture laboratory for the nursery trade as well as top fruit production, mostly specialising in the plum crop.
Timothy Lea & Griffiths are able to offer the following specialist surveying services to the horticultural trade:
- Agency: When instructed, technically detailed and accurate sales or letting particulars are prepared for your property. Prior to preparation we will record detailed notes after discussing the property/business with you so that when interested parties make contact, a comprehensive description of the property and business can be provided together with detailed answers to any technical questions raised by applicants. We will discuss with you how best to market most effectively in order to achieve the best result, whilst using the most effective sales portals which include Right Move, Nova Loca, and Focus Costar and where possible we provide accompanied viewings as first impressions are all important when securing a sale. We aim to maximise the potential for selling your property as quickly as possible.
- Landlord & Tenant Law: We have a detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant law and are well versed with negotiating lease terms representing either Landlord or Tenant, particularly important for the Garden Centre sector where many centres sublet parts of the property to third party businesses.
- Sale of businesses: This is a very specialised area of agency work where we are able to calculate good will, and place a business for sale in the open market on a confidential basis, to minimise disruption to your trade while the sale process takes place.
- Condition reports: As we have a technical expertise relating to horticultural production, we are able to prepare detailed condition reports for horticultural property, ensuring an accurate record is made of production equipment prior to a change of ownership. This will be both descriptive and photographic to ensure accuracy.
- Survey reports: If you are considering buying a horticultural property, we are able to provide a survey report for the property, to identify any building defects found, whether they be in a glasshouse, a portal steel framed building or specialist retail structure. We can also make recommendations on sites for you if you are not able to visit them. We also regularly prepare survey reports for residential houses, and can prepare either a Home Buyer survey, or a full structural report for a nursery house whether it has an agricultural tie or not, based on the recommended RICS homebuyer survey format.
We have a friendly team based in Evesham, so if you have a need for a surveyor, why not call us and see whether we are able to help you. In the first instance please ask for Tony Rowland, 01386 765700, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the commercial team
Contact our dedicated commercial agency department to find out how we can help you.
Winchcombe Road Nurseries, 90 Winchcombe Road, Sedgeberrow, Evesham, WR11 7UBMore details